That’s right folks, even with all the speculation of BlackBerry being sold and looking for buyers and all, the once mighty phone giant has released it’s newest device called the BlackBerry Z30.
This will replace the Z10 as BlackBerry’s flagship device going forward. I’ve played with this device on several occasions and was extremely impressed with the look, feel, size and productivity of the Z30. This definitely puts BlackBerry in the ” Grown Man ” size phone division packing a 5″ display.
The Z30 will come packing OS 10.2 and the largest battery yet on a BlackBerry smart phone.
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub – BlackBerry® Hub is the one place to manage all your conversations and notifications. The new BlackBerry Priority Hub can now learn what conversations and what people are important to you making it fast and easy to find the messages and information you need. It collects priority messages across your email, social networking and other accounts and gives you instant access to the conversations most important to you to help you stay organized and focused on the most important tasks.
- BBM™ Now in Any App and Message Previews Everywhere – BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 continues to refine the unique communications experience of the platform. You can now get a preview of any message as it arrives in whatever app you’re using, and immediately dismiss it or tap it to read the full content and respond. If a BBM message arrives, you can instantly reply to the message without even leaving the app you’re in. In addition, if your phone is locked, you can tap the various icons on the Lock Screen to see an instant preview of your most recent messages and notifications.
- 5” Super AMOLED Display – The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone features the latest in display technology with a 5” Super AMOLED display that makes whatever you’re running larger, clearer and more vivid. The smartphone also houses many top of the line components, including a 1.7 GHz processor with quadcore graphics that makes browsing web pages faster and games more detailed.
- Stereo Audio and BlackBerry® Natural Sound – The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone comes with stereo speakers that immerse you in your music, videos, apps and games, and makes conversations sound like you’re face-to-face. BlackBerry Natural Sound is new technology exclusive to BlackBerry and part of BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 that makes BBM Voice and BBM Video chats sound more natural and realistic. BlackBerry Natural Sound lets you hear nuances and variations in tone, making conversations sound like you’re in the same room.
- New Antenna Technology – The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone features BlackBerry’s new generation antenna technology that dynamically tunes reception to give you better connectivity in low signal areas. BlackBerry® Paratek Antenna can give you faster data transfers and fewer dropped calls in low signal areas, keeping you connected in more places.
- Longer Battery Life – The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone includes a 2880 mAh battery, the largest battery ever built into a BlackBerry smartphone. Combined with the battery enhancements in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, you can get up to 25 hours of mixed use* to keep you moving from dawn ‘til dawn.
Check out the official release video and let us know what you think!
Today BlackBerry announced that the much anticipated upgrade to OS 10.2 will be released in mid-October. Now this is subject to carrier approval which is the norm when companies release OS updates.
BlackBerry OS 10.2 will be available for the Z10,Q10 and Q5 phones.
Check out the video below for some detailed showing of 10.2 and it’s feautures.
Legacy BlackBerry devices have a strange longevity to them. One of the biggest problems with the Legacy BlackBerry OSes is that they can only load so many apps before experiencing a big performance drop or running out of app memory.
Aerize Loader in a nutshell allows you to bypass this shortcoming by allowing you to install apps on to a spacious micro SD card. The app not only helps to save space, it helps dodge performance limitations when app memory is nearly full.
The Latest update installs and removes applications automatically. When an app is on a SD card it will automatically show up on the home screen, and will auto-load and run when the new Home Screen Icon is clicked.
The Micro-SD card-stored app stays running until you reset the device to reclaim all of the resources from the application.
The new BlackBerry 10 OS has a feature that starts off seeming pretty cool, but it turns out it’s actually a pretty terrible design flaw. When we first saw BB10, it was really cool to see the device get woken up with a gesture swipe. The OS even does this fun thing where it wakes the device up right at your finger tip, revealing the homescreen in a gradient fashion. But after using BB10 for over 7 months and having the most pocket dials in my entire life, I can tell you it’s definitely a design flaw.
With gesture unlock, there’s 2 main ways that you end up pocket dialing. First, if you don’t have a password on your device, you’re in for some serious trouble. The device will not only pocket dial, but pocket email, upload, pic snap, video record and more. If you’re device is password protected, it still manages to make Emergency Calls (911) and take pictures and video.
To prevent all of this, you have 2 options. You can opt to buy a case that protects your phone from accidental gesture wake ups, or you can turn off gesture wake up entirely.
To turn off gesture wake up, go to Settings Display Allow Gestures when Locked Off.
This is all too bad because I personally love gesture wake up.
From September 17th to October 31st, BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and Q5 owners in Canada will be able to get up to $25 worth of premium apps for free. The eligible apps include the Twitter client “Blaq,” productivity tool “SlickTasks,” image editor “Photo Studio Pro,” and games like “World of Goo” and “Modern Combat 4.” BlackBerry 10 customers can redeem this offer by entering the promo code “fallapps” on BlackBerry World.
Blaq: The most intuitive, original interaction you’ve ever had with Twitter, offering in-demand features such as real-time timeline streaming, interactive gesture controls, a muting system, BBM integration, ability to access lists, and support for multiple accounts
SlickTasks: A top-class task management app that lets you easily organize tasks and subtasks, set reminders, and set recurring daily, weekly, or monthly tasks
Photo Studio Pro: Powerful image processing on-the-go for both amateur and professional photographers
World of Goo: The full award-winning game for BlackBerry 10. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues
Gadget Box: Equip your BlackBerry 10 smartphone with an array of useful tools, without the need to download multiple apps for the same functionality. Includes a ruler, Morse code generator, level, compass, flashlight, and unit converter
Asphalt 7: Heat: Race on 150 tracks with 60 amazing cars by prestigious makers like Audi, Aston Martin and Lamborghini
Modern Combat 4: Push the boundaries of mobile gaming with this thrilling FPS set in the wake of a nuclear disaster