Introduced in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1, a new feature has been added that allows you to quickly switch between your various notification profiles using the Quick Settings menu.
All it takes is opening the Quick Settings menu followed by tapping on the Notifications icon until your desired profile is selected.
To try this shortcut on your device, complete the following steps:
- While viewing the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings followed by Notifications
- Tap Quick Settings
- Check the profiles you’d like to add to your Quick Settings screen
- Tap Back when finished to save your changes
Optionally, tap Rearrange to change the order of profiles
After doing this, tap the icon next to Notifications within Quick Settings to quickly switch between your notification profiles. For example, in the following screenshot, tap the red box a few times to cycle through the notification profiles you have checked during step 4.
Don’t forget you can always access the Quick Settings menu from your home screen by swiping down with one finger, or within an app by swiping down from the top of the screen using two fingers
Got a question? Leave a comment and let me know!
For a company that many had written off and left for dead, BlackBerry continues to innovate and work hard to remain a major player in the mobile industry. At CES 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada BlackBerry truly showed the world that they are indeed not going anywhere by unveiling multiple new innovations that will truly be RIMarkable in the coming year of 2015.
Here are some key take a ways from yesterday’s CES 2015 session where BlackBerry actually made headlines;
- iOT (Internet of Things)- BlackBerry announced there platform which details a cloud based solution that will allow you to manage multiple devices and service cross platform. For more detailed information see this link iOT
- BBM on Android Wear- This has to be one of the coolest things I’ve seen from BlackBerry at CES. BBM will be available on multiple Android Wear devices early 2015. See details here BBMDroidWear
- ATT- Yes that right, ATT and BlackBerry continues to have a good long standing relationship. This relationship just got a lot better with the announcement that ATT will offer the BlackBerry Classic and the ATT version of the BlackBerry Passport which features rounded edges unlike the initial release featuring the more squared edges of the Passport. Many people have voiced their displeasure with the change in design for ATT’s version of the Passport but I beg to differ on the issue. The fact that ATT is still truly supporting BlackBerry devices for consumers is good enough to warrant a design change in which looks pretty nice for the Passport. You can check out the full details here ATT Passport, Classic
- QNX – What more can be said about BlackBerry’s acquisition of QNX. This was a key business play and shows that the higher ups at BlackBerry are always looking for ways to keep the business positioned for future success. QNX is now used in over 50 million in car systems and with a 50% market share in mobile in dash car systems. BlackBerry QNX is truly the future of the mobile car in dash system industry. See more details here QNX
BlackBerry is truly showing it resilience by continued innovation with new products and services. In the words of CEO John Chen, “The Brand is here to stay.”
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Rimarkable/~3/ik6e1QrlExI/
The CEO aka John Chen recently spoke with the ” CBS THIS MORNING ” crew concerning the BlackBerry Classic and the future of the company.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Rimarkable/~3/uY_-eZq9mMY/
— Maker Space North (@makerspacenorth) January 6, 2015
Makers Nation Digest: Maker Space North will be curating a weekly digest of what’s going on in Ottawa’s maker community and distributing it through Makers Nation.
Drone Zone: We’re hosting regular drone meetups in order to build out what will be an official Drone Zone located at the warehouse. Bring a drone, fly it and become a part of Maker Space North’s Drone Zone. Register at this Meetup link.
We have set up a calendar to post events that will be held at Maker Space North and with each newsletter we’ll feature the most timely.
FUN Ottawa, Thursday, Jan 8th: Come hear entrepreneurs talk about their professional or business failures in a candid way. Register at this Eventbrite link.
We’re working on a prototype for the maker membership ID system as well as the platform that will handle inventory for things like coffee, beer and equipment usage. This video shows a quick progress demo.
We’re constantly giving tours, signing up new tenants and we’re close to opening the makerspace to the public. Stay tuned and expect these emails about once every 3 weeks.
Free Uber Rides: If you’re coming to one of our events, be sure to register for Uber with the code “ubermakerspacenorth” for a free ride to the warehouse.
One of the best ways you can get up to speed with the all new BlackBerry Classic is the How To Demos. Available in the BlackBerryHelp YouTube channel, these demos can help you understand the various features and functions offered by this great device so make sure you check them out!
Not using a BlackBerry Classic? Check out How To Demos for your device instead!
To learn about a feature on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone or troubleshoot an issue, there are several great options available to help. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/support for access to product manuals, how-to demos, tips and tricks, YouTube videos, support forums, knowledge base articles, Twitter support, and contact information for your region.