At Web Summit 2014, in Dublin, Ireland, Tony Fadell of Google took the stage to announce a partnership with Nest and Electric Ireland that would give anyone in Ireland with a 2 year hydro plan a free thermostat with a free installation. The move is interesting because it brings a smartphone-like savings plan to the realm of smart thermostats.
Misfit Wearables has had some great success in the wearable tech space. Its first product, Shine, is an activity tracker with fashion appeal. The product, according to CEO Sonny Vu, wasn’t even taken seriously by the company until its massive success on Indiegogo. Before they launched the Indiegogo page, Sonny wasn’t entirely sure why people were buying activity trackers and whether or not it was a passing fad. More than $800,000 later, Shine was crowdfunded and on its way to production. This product also kickstarted the company into the wearable industry, and led it to get a much better understanding of the wearable space and where it’s going. This was the focus of Sonny Vu’s talk at Web Summit 2014.
Did you know that you can share your BlackBerry 10 device’s mobile network connection with another device such as laptop or tablet? All it takes is a USB cable or Bluetooth connection and you’ll be able to access the Internet on your laptop or tablet!
Find out how to do this using the steps below
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings Network and Connections Internet Tethering
- If you have not used this feature before, review the onscreen instructions
- In the Connect using drop-down list, select USB or Bluetooth
- If using USB, connect your device to your computer, or tablet
- Turn on the Internet Tethering switch
After completing these steps, and connecting your device to your laptop or tablet using a USB cable or Bluetooth connection, you can monitor connection details on your device so you can see usage details.
Note: Additional charges may apply for Internet Tethering use. Verify your data plan before using this feature.
Help! Internet tethering isn’t working
If you are having trouble with Internet tethering here a couple troubleshooting tips to help you out!
- Verify that your device is connected to the mobile network, has an upper case signal and is connected to the BlackBerry infrastructure, for example .
- Verify that your wireless service plan allows Internet tethering.
- If you are roaming, verify that Data Services while roaming is enabled within the Data Services screen located in Settings Network Connections Mobile Network
- If the Internet tethering option doesn’t appear and you are using a work device, verify that your organization allows Internet tethering
Got a question about Internet tethering? Leave a comment and let me know!
BBM was recently updated and they added some nice cool features that will benefit all BBM users. The message retract feature is one that I am truly enjoying as I have sent messages to the wrong BBM contact before only to find myself apologizing for the mishap.
I have over 250 BBM contacts between 3 BlackBerry 10 devices, iOS and Windows Phone. Making sure I send the correct message to the right person is key and now with message retraction I can do that.
BBM also now lets you set a time limit on shared photos. So if you want to share a photo with any BBM contact you now have to option to set a time limit on how long you want the photo shared to view.
Another cool feature is the HD image request. I love to share images via BBM and BBM has made it much easier to request the highest quality HD image from that user.
BBM continues to add features to the program that makes this messaging app #1 in my book. Check out the promo video below and let us know what you think of the new added features in the latest update to BBM.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Rimarkable/~3/X2S-P9Yy9l0/
Another wonderful job by the Mercedes AMGF1 team this weekend in Austin,Tx. Enjoy the video below.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Rimarkable/~3/5VyBtka-Sv0/